When I first set out to do this, I thought, “Of course, no problem, there are plenty of great things about me!” Although I admit that half-way through I did become a bit stuck, but here it goes.
- I am a wonderful mother! I mean, most moms are going to say they are great, but the one thing I always wanted in life was to be a mom. If my husband would allow it, we would have like 10 kids!
- I LIVE to help others. If someone asks me for directions, it absolutely makes my day. I even eavesdrop on others so that maybe I can answer any questions that may crop up in their conversation.
- I am the ultra planner. When I go on vacation, I am going to have something to do. If we have a party, all the supplies will be there, guaranteed!
- Organized is my middle name. Basically, the container store was made for me, and my motto is, you can never have too many lists.
- Laser focus. Whatever project I am working on, I can block out everything and I do not stop until I am completely finished.
- I enjoy life. I am a no holds barred explorer. When I go somewhere that I have never been, I am all about seeing everything and doing everything no matter what it is.
- I am almost always up for anything. Not a big fan of base-jumping, but if you have an extra ticket…. why not!
- I’m a great storyteller. I will take your boring story about your summer at grandma’s house, and turn it into the funniest summer of your life.
- I’m hilarious. Now, this article might not show it, but I really am quite funny. Not the stand up comedian type of funny, but situational humor. Trust me, you would love having dinner with me.
- I’m a loyal friend. If you need me, I’ll be there. In sickness and in health, through bad boyfriends and job promotions, I’m the girl who will bring you ice cream or a shot, depending on what is needed.
Now for my so-called “faults”!
- I’m not great at keeping in touch. If you plan a one-on-one session, I’ll be there. If you call, text or email, I will respond. Just do not ask me to initiate.
- I don’t always follow through. I will find a delicious recipe, get all the ingredients, and then take for-eeeeeeever to make it. But it will be the most delicious thing you’ve ever tasted when I finally do…a month later.
- I eavesdrop. Remember I mentioned I love to help? Yeah, I eavesdrop big time. So much so, that my husband was able to distract me with eavesdropping so that he could propose to me!
- I have a weird, selective memory. I never remember anything except for the weirdest facts and events. If you ask me what I did on the first date with my husband: no clue. If you ask me the name of one of my grandmother’s cats: Henry, Henry the cat.
- I have 2 modes of operation: Crazy Busy and Lazy Bones Jones. One day I will make dinner for the week, clean the apartment, grocery shop, take the car to the car wash, and do 5 loads of laundry. Another day, I only get out of bed to pee, and barely to eat.
- My daily time management sucks. I’m pretty sure I can paint my toes, cook dinner, clean the kitchen and check emails in a half hour. Then a half hour hits, and my toes are wet, dinner is not even in the oven, there are dishes in the sink, and I’ve given up on my email.
- I try to take unrealistic short cuts. Like, do I need to take the top boxes off to get that box off the bottom… nah!
- I am too nice. I’m nice to the point of being taken advantage of sometimes by not so nice people.
- I occasionally make jokes at other people’s expense. Okay, I don’t do this often, but sometimes I am guilty of it. Usually, it’s at my husband’s expense, and he let’s me know when it happens. FYI, usually, it is funny.
- Laser focus. My focusing on something to the exclusion of all else, kind of works as a negative for me as well. Like when I am suppose to be somewhere, and I think I have time to read a couple of chapters in a book, and I look up and I am an hour late!
Leave a Comment